Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!







Here are a few of the pumpkins we carved for Halloween. I tried to take some others, but they would not turn out and even these are still a little fuzzy. Oh well, they'll have to do. As you can see, Haylie was a princess (shocker!), Sleeping Beauty to be exact, and little Mikaela was a Bumble bee. They both looked so cute. They made a pretty good haul too considering being in a new neighborhood. This was a good Halloween because it was warm and we were able to actually visit with some of our new neighbors. I ended up doing my visiting teaching the night before and so I was able to get a feel for how the neighborhood was. My partner told me that I should prepare for 200-300 kids! Holy cow, I thought my old neighborhood had a ton of kids. Yeah, I was at the store this afternoon getting more ammo (er, candy).
My family came over for "Dinner in a Pumpkin" and apple juice. It was good having them come and visit with the girls. Eric's parents also got in some quality time as well, although unfortunately, it wasn't as long as any of us would have liked. I'm still glad we got to visit with them though.
I know my blog template is a little premature and believe me, I'm not in any rush for Christmas to get here, but I want to make this one last a little longer and it's also a cute background! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween. Now, bring on the turkey!



3 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pumpkins! I like the Jack Sparrow one. Is the first one Darth Maul? Couldn't really tell, but love them.

Melissa said...

I probably should have taken a better picture of the top pumpkin-it's actually supposed to be Dracula, but the teeth got a little funky! :) The other one is a spook and of couse, Jack Sparrow. :)

HeatherB said...

Wow, the Jack Sparrow pumpkin rocks. You guys are good. 300 kids?! Wow. I thought we were doing well with 20. I guess there is no place like Utah.