Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Love To Eat Turkey!




Well, it's been a while since I've been on to blog so I thought I'd better get started again! I love November for the following reasons:


1. Turkey! So yummy and good for you-an awesome combination! Thank goodness for Thanksgiving.


2. Thanksgiving-I know this should probably be at the top, but for me it's just a holiday that gives me an excuse to eat turkey! :)


3. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade-I like parades and this is by far the best one of the year!


4. Family Get-togethers-when the weather turns bad, it's fun to go indoors and play games with my family. Eric's dad and grandparents can always be counted on for a fun game of Rummy or Hearts, but they're not too big on many other games which is just fine (Ernie and I like to try and trick everyone else during the card games). My family is just the opposite-we love all sorts of different games and on Thanksgiving there is usually more than one game going on at once with different family members.


5. The "Official" start of the Christmas Season-I like Christmas well enough, and I enjoy the parties and the special programs at church during this time of year.


My only wish would be for Thanksgiving and Christmas to come and be fun and then have spring return instantly! I never really look forward to the long, cold winter months. No fun! Oh well, the sooner winter gets here the sooner it will be over! :)


I hope everyone has wonderful plans for Thanksgiving and that you all enjoy the holiday season!










2 comments:

Darby said...

Did you know you have pooh on your blog? Ha ha! "It's that poop again! Don't stomp it out with your boots Ted!" Name that movie and I'll make you a pie! (I'll probably do it anyway, but just for kicks give me a guess.)

Julie w said...

Is it sad that Thanksgiving isn't really a favorite of mine? Jason thinks I'm a traitor to the family name for not liking Thanksgiving. It's not that I hate it, it's just Turkey, you know? Blah.. And I try to be grateful more than just once a year so, it's really just a good excuse to get together and play games and that part I really enjoy!!