Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas!

"I'm gonna burn some dust here. Eat my rubber!"
"Dad, it's burn some rubber, eat my dust."
"Whatever, Russ, whatever."
Eric got our Christmas lights up on the new house last week and I must say they look awesome! I am a big fan of the Christmas lights. I used to love asking my Dad to put the "colorful lights" on the house when I was little and then when they were up I would lay in bed at night and look at them through my bedroom window. When I think about that I really miss being a kid. Christmas has changed so much since I was young and it doesn't feel the same anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy being around my family and the traditions we have continued through the years (especially my Mom's awesome Christmas breakfast). Before Eric and I had our girls, and believe me, eight years is a LONG time, Christmas was just kind of a "family get-together" kind of holiday. It has been so much more entertaining and rewarding for us since our children have come. We actually get more of a gift out of giving them presents than we could ever get out of buying each other gifts. I think Eric and I could honestly say we wouldn't mind if we never received another gift-so long as we could just be with our families and be able to give our children a good Christmas. For me especially, as I've gotten older, I truly enjoy giving a whole lot more than receiving. It's funny how your perspective changes over the years and you really do find that the material things don't really matter much. After all, as they say, "You can't take it with you." If only that weren't true where Disneyland is concerned! :)


Well, I think I've waxed nostalgic long enough for one blog! If nothing else, you can enjoy looking at my pic's of Clark Griswald-if I were clever enough, I would've found a way to insert Eric's face. He always reminds me of Clark during the holidays (Love you lots, honey!) and I get a big kick out of him walking around the house tormenting the girls with his "ho ho hos" from back bedrooms or asking if they heard footprints on the roof. So fun!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comments:

Darby said...

I still love Christmas morning, but it's definitely more fun with Haylie and Mikaela now. I too like the giving part. I look forward to Eric's "ho, ho, ho's" this year. If you have photoshop you can totally put his face on Clark.