Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Room Service!

Eric and I packed a bag, grabbed the girls and headed downtown to the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake for an overnight stay on Sunday night. It was so much fun. Eric's mom and dad gave us a gift certificate last year for Christmas and we hadn't even thought about using it until she reminded us that there was an expiration date on them! Luckily, she warned us in time and we ended up giving the girls a fun, swim-filled mini-weekend. The rooms in the tower are awesome and HUGE! If you've never gone-make plans to go and be sure to stay in the tower, they're the best!

We let the girls swim around in the indoor/outdoor pool and then warmed them up in the hot tub for a minute. Both of our girls are little water dogs and once they're in the water it's like pulling teeth to get them out again. I'm glad they like to swim, but it's a little scary too because they think they can just jump right in and we'll be right there to catch them. I think some swimming lessons will be included in next year's summer plans for Haylie. I know Grandpa Jim enjoys swimming and would be an excellent teacher (hint, hint Dad!).

Of course, Eric and I didn't think about asking for a room with two beds so we ended up in a room with one king-size bed. My brilliant thought was just to do a makeshift bed on the floor for the girls (yeah, right). We ended up in a tangled mess of arms and legs on the huge bed. But it was still fun and luckily, the bed was big enough for all of us so we got to do some major snuggling with our girls. Not a bad alternative. :)

It was good to just get away overnight and spend every minute with our girls. Nothing is better to me than just being with my girls and my funny hubby. That's all I need to make my day.

2 comments:

Darby said...

Next time, I'll talk to my roommate Danielle who is a manager there and see if she'll get you two big beds!

HeatherB said...

That brings back some good memories. My parents used to take us away to hotels in SLC every once in a while. We felt like we had gone so far and we had so much fun. Here's to making good memories!