Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ah, A "Twilight" Thanksgiving!




So, let me just say that this is the first night that I have been able to pull myself from the couch in almost an entire week! What kind of hold can a stuffed leather couch have over me? Let's break it down:
1. Scene of the crime:
I decided that Thanksgiving was the perfect time to start a book I'd heard quite a bit about in recent weeks, but hadn't given that much thought to-"Twilight". I purchased the book a little over a month before and it was serving as a wonderful dust collector in my bedside table while I finished my latest book. I began reading the book on Wednesday night around 8:30 pm with the intention of only reading until I was to the third chapter. Yeah-not so much. I ended up reading somewhere around 200 pages (or rather, until 1:30 AM-yes AM!) until I finally decided I must sleep if I was going to get my turkey in the oven anytime before noon the next day.

2. After another fabulous Thanksgiving dinner hosted by my in-laws (delicious, as always, Mom M.) and the usual Thanksgiving day routine, ie: watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, cooking a turkey so Eric wouldn't have to worry about leftovers from his mom's house, playing card games with his grandparents and my brothers-in law (my sisters-in-law don't really get into the whole "card" thing, dang it!) and lounging around most of the evening, I decided that I would give myself just a few minutes more reading time before bed. Ha! Fool that I am, I was up again until 2:00AM this time. I swear these books have an addictive chemical mixed in with ink. I finished the book in record time. SO freakin' good.

3. On Sunday, with the exception of my 3 hours at church, my day was almost fully devoted to starting and finishing "New Moon", the second book in the series. Good thing there were a lot of leftovers from Thanksgiving or my family might have starved. My poor family!
4. On Monday, I started "Eclipse" the third book in the series so far. The biggest book yet, and I finished it last night! Holy Cow-I'm usually not a speed reader, I can usually get through a 500+ page book in less than five days, so the fact that I've just finished well over 1500+ pages in a matter of 7 days is pretty darn good in my mind.
It's a very good thing that the author's next book in the series isn't due out until August of 2008 (well, good in Eric's mind, for me it's absolute TORTURE!) so that I can get some freakin' sleep and get caught up on the all laundry I've totally neglected. Sigh! If anyone out there knows of a good book they've just finished, please call me-I've got a good eight months until my obsession with this series flares back up! :)
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.







1 comments:

Darby said...

I'm only half way through Twilight, because school started and my textbook reading has taken off. Christmas break, a great time to read what I want! You are a speed reader. That's impressive you finished all three books that fast. Take stake! If you haven't read The Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns, those are great books and fast reads. Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks is a good one too.