Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping at the Hoop Lake!


Haylie's first catch of the day! Mikaela looks pretty pleased.

This is the view from our trailer. Pretty huh?

We couldn't keep Mikaela out of the dirt...

Or out of Jack Sparrow's kennel!

Eric and his girls taking a break from fishing.

Eric, Mikaela, Olivia, Haylie and Kelton showing off their awesome catch! Impressive!

Melanie and baby Jack! (not to be confused with Jack Sparrow the dog!)




Over the week of July 24th we always plan our big camping trip. This year was no exception. We left on Wednesday the 23rd and stayed until the following Monday. It was so much fun and the weather was absolutely wonderful, even with the few patches of gray clouds and thunderstorms. We had a great view of the lake and the girls couldn't get enough of the fishing. They were dragging Eric into the boat or out to the banks every chance they could, and I can honestly say Eric was eating it up! Haylie had the lucky princess pole and she caught a boat load of fish! I didn't do too bad either, but Haylie kept getting upset every time I'd throw them back. She wanted to keep them all and eat them. I love trout just as much as the next girl, but I can only eat so much of it. Mikaela had fun reeling them in on mine or Eric's pole and she loved going for boat rides. On Sunday, our friends the Smith's came up for the day and we enjoyed more fishing (they caught a ton of them!), games, and dinner with them. All in all the camping trip was good for all of us and gave us a much need break to spend time with our girls. Haylie was pretty upset when it was time to go home, and I wasn't quite ready to leave myself, but all good things must come to an end! Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, if I had a trailer like that I would camp every night! Is that the inside of it? Where is Hoop Lake? Looks like a lot of fun.

The Reno Donnelly's said...

Melissa, I'm such a lame blogger that I didn't even look at my own blog for a month. Having said that I just read your comment tonight. Of course I remember you. Your father is the infamous Jim Cowles (always giving me a hard time). I often look at your blog as well with your cute little girls. I remember when you and Eric were newly weds. He held Keely at Natalie's wedding reception. It's good to hear from you. Jeri

Darby said...

I love that picture of Mikaela with Haylie's fish!!! Ha ha ha!!! Such a spaz!!! I miss camping with you guys. Count me in for next year!