Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kid Conversations


Driving home from the store last week I asked Mikaela if she needed to go to the bathroom. She told me no. Haylie took this as her opportunity to "educate" Mikaela on the finer points of listening to her body. Here is just a small sample...enjoy:

Haylie: Mikaela, you need to listen to your body and your brain. It tells you you need to go potty.
Mikaela: Uh uh.
Haylie: Yes huh. You will pee your pants if you don't listen to your body.
Mikaela: (in full-on monkey voice) I don't "fink" so.
Haylie: Mikaela, what does your body say? It says you need to go potty. Mom, tell her she needs to go potty.
Mikaela: I don't "fink" so, Haylie.
Me: Well, if I tell her to go potty, then how will she know when her body tells her to go?
Haylie: Because you will tell her body.
Mikaela: Whatever, Haylie.

So glad Haylie feels the need to make sure I'm doing my job as a mother correctly.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Haylie is so wise. If only my boys listened to their bodies sooner instead of three seconds before it is an emergency.

the Maisey's said...

I just love them!! These are the conversation's that Kami and I hear all day long. Gotta love it.