Monday, December 15, 2008

A Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas!


Mikaela and Santa. I'm not sure what she's pointing at.

Haylie is all smiles on Santa's lap.

Saturday was the annual Cowles Family Christmas party. It starts at the bowling alley (Eric and I opted to play pool with my mom and dad this year and let the aunts do the bowling with the girls) and ends at the church gymnasium for food, family, singing (it's not pretty) and Santa. The girls love Santa and so they were more than excited to sit on his lap and receive a small present-and hopefully a reminder to be good-from the jolly old elf.

Mikaela was so busy trying to tease her Grandpa Jim into chasing her around the gym that she almost missed it when Santa called her name. But, in true Mikaela form, as soon as she did hear him, she about knocked him over from running to him so fast.

Haylie must be feeling the crunch on the economy this year because her only wish was for Mariposa Barbie. She has since asked me to tell Santa she also wants the Mariposa movie, the Diamond Barbie, the Diamond Barbie movie, and all three High School Musical movies. I guess she got over small little wish list. Dang it.

The girls with their cute Great-grandma Grace

Eric and Erin clowning around

My cute Papa Jim

My family-the girls were too busy with their presents to pose for a photo

0 comments: