Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby Bratz


This is my darling toddler, Mikaela. Isn't she cute? This is how she decided to greet me when I picked her up from daycare at "Teesa's house" as Mikaela likes to say it (her daycare provider's actual name is Teresa). Apparently, my little two-year-old has latched on to a show called "Baby Bratz". Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I really don't know much about the Bratz dolls. Haylie has asked me to buy her one on almost every trip to "Little Tijuana" (most of you know it as Walmart) to which my response is always the same, "I'm not buying you a hooker cleverly disguised as a doll." She gives me the standard evil puke eye for several seconds and then quickly recovers so that she can beg for the next item wrapped in pink packaging.
Anyway, when I picked them up tonight, Mikaela refused to budge from the sofa, completely entranced by the Baby Bratz movie. When I told her to get a move on and physically removed her from said sofa she threw the big one. It was ugly, people. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth and death threats; don't even get me started on Mikaela. The fun continued as soon as we got home. When she wouldn't calm down, I told her to go to her room. Between broken sobs and pounding her feet on the floor all I could hear was "I want Baby Bratz" over and over. I finally went in and tried to calmly explain to my pint-sized nemesis that she didn't need to watch the movie when she was acting just like a "baby bratz" herself. Probably not the wisest move in my parenting career so far, but...whatcha gonna do?

To make matters worse, Special has lost every last binky she owned. While I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, I do have a few reservations about the timing. Any other night I would've welcomed the challenge, but seeing as how the night wasn't exactly off to a great start and considering how upset she is with me, I'm almost afraid she might go all Lizzie Borden on me and Eric. To say that Mikaela has a wee bit of a temper is like saying that elephants run a wee bit on the large size. Both gross understatements.
I think it's going to be a long night.

5 comments:

Dallin said...

I heart Mikaela, but she is Drama-rama! Hopefully she'll grow out of it! Good luck

HeatherB said...

Oh boy...I can so relate. Good Luck!

Andy and Robyn said...

I LOVE those pictures!! Ya gotta just love those sweet little temper tantrums -- the little dear!! Next time one of my girls does that I'm going to have to follow your lead and snap a picture. Those pictures will be good to whip out later and laugh!!

Andy and Robyn said...

I LOVE those pictures!! Ya gotta just love those sweet little temper tantrums -- the little dear!! Next time one of my girls does that I'm going to have to follow your lead and snap a picture. Those pictures will be good to whip out later and laugh!!

Darby said...

Pint sized nemesis! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! That is the best thing I've heard all day!! Bless you!