Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Haylie Nose Best!

Oh Haylie! What a little pill! She definitely keeps me guessing and yesterday was no exception. I picked her up from daycare on Tuesday night and when I saw her she looked a little worse for wear. When I asked her what was wrong she just ducked her head into my shoulder and started to cry. Once we were in the car and on our way home she began intervals of crying, screaming, and saying "owie" over and over again whenever she touched her nose. Okay, so now I know something is very, very wrong and I'm thinking to myself, "Which kid's butt am I going to have to kick at the daycare tomorrow?"
I kept asking her what's wrong, and if her nose hurt, but all she'd do is nod her head and start crying again. Oy! Let's just say my 20 minute drive home was NOT FUN. When we finally got there, Eric immediately began drilling her about what happened and within 2 minutes she was an open book- what the? What was wrong with telling me?
Apparently, our Miss Haylie decided to shove a small plastic bead up her nose and now it was stuck there and obviously hurt. Oh joy, I could already see where my night was headed-straight to the Wee Care in Layton-25 minutes in the direction I had just come from.
To make a long story short, the doctor got the bead out, but not before Haylie gave the poor woman her entire life history and then some! She even got two suckers out of the deal-I'd say she made out okay. I think it's safe to say she learned her lesson and won't be doing that again anytime soon-I hope that's the case anyway.


2 comments:

Darby said...

Maybe Eric put the fear into her and so that's why she decided to spill. I'm glad it all worked out. Funny kid!

Darby said...

Ha ha! Remember when Erin put a snap up her nose?! That was awesome! That's why Ewee and HE get along so well!