Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mikaela!

Holy Cow! I can't believe I have another two year old! It seems like I just finished getting Haylie through with that and now I'm diving back in for another round. Yikes. It's still very hard to believe that she is already two. At least this time I'm not 6 months pregnant and trying to find the energy to keep up with her curious little antics.


So, I must say having Mikaela has been a complete riot. She is totally embedded with the Olsen gene (Eric's mom's family). Those people can seriously clean. They make the celestial room at the temple look unkempt. (I know, I know...you're all thinking, "So, how did you end up in this family again?" to which my sweet, humble reply is "Shut it! Dirty girls need love too, you know!") The girl LOVES to clean anything, everything, and whatever else is left over. Eric and I are pretty certain she'll make the world's best maid-no, seriously she's a clean freak. And I can't wait until she's older to take complete and total advantage of that! (What? You know you'd all do the same thing!) :) She was born on April 16, 2006 (it was Easter that year) and she wasn't due until May 3rd! She decided to play havoc with Mom's liver and thus, an Easter baby was our gift that year! What a gift indeed! We have completely enjoyed every minute with her and she is a constant source of entertainment. I love it when she tries to imitate a dog (she sticks her tongue out and pants really loud). She's going to be a lot like her Aunt Ewee, I think.

We celebrated her birthday on Sunday with the fam. She got some really cute clothes and some new books (which she now insists on reading every night-not that that's a bad thing). Her cake was pretty cute too. Since her new favorite word is "poo" I chose to incorporate it into the cake (not the actual stuff, by the way) and got her a "Winnie the Pooh"-themed cake. It turned out really cute and Mikaela was overjoyed.


Eric and I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, sweet natured, stalker, er I mean, toddler to dote on. She is such a joy to have and I could not imagine our family without her. We love you, Mikaela!

1 comments:

Darby said...

I love that Mikaela is OCD with cleaning. I find this ironic because she is so disgusting when she eats! And I love that she's a stalker! Love her!!