Sunday, October 11, 2009

Boo At The Zoo & Color Me Mine

Last Friday I loaded up the girls and headed down to the Hogle Zoo for a fun afternoon of animal watching. My good friend Melanie and her daughter Olivia & son Jack met us and we took the kids to see all the new baby animals. My favorite was the baby elephant. Haylie seemed to be more interested in the baby giraffe. Mikaela just liked it all. I hadn't been to the zoo since Haylie was born so it was nice to see all the changes they've made. I was pretty impressed.


I also took the girls to Color Me Mine last Saturday for the grand opening in Ogden along with Melanie and Olivia (awesome suggestion, Mel!) The girls had a great time picking out figurines to paint. Haylie chose a princess and Mikaela found a mermaid. I helped Mikaela paint hers, but let Haylie go nuts with hers. I'll post pic's when I get them back from being fired. I also painted a cupcake container for my sister since it was her birthday last week, too! So fun! Because it was their grand opening the store had a goody table set up with lots of yummy treats and punch. It didn't take long for my girls to find it. I swear they have a built in sonar for all things sugar. They certainly got their fair share. Oh well, at least it didn't go to waste, right?

0 comments: