Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flaming Gorge



Eric was bummed I hadn't put this up earlier, but I couldn't remember which camera we had taken the pictures with so even though it's been a little while, I am now happy to report it's officially on the blog for all to see. We actually went around Labor Day weekend. It was fun, but cold. The girls and I mostly stayed inside the trailer or went down to the lodges to walk around. Eric spent most of his time perched in a tree stand in full camo gear waiting for the elusive elk to make their appearance. We got some beautiful pictures of the Gorge; unfortunately there was a raindrop on my lens (as you can see from the blurry spots) so they didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. It's a beautiful place to visit and I hope we get to go back again next year during the summer when it's a little warmer.


Eric got really excited to see this big group of sheep just sitting around next to the road. We decided to get out and take a few closer shots and they all started to leave. How rude!


These pictures really don't do it justice, it was so pretty up there. Now we need a boat or we need to invite someone with a boat to go with us next year. Any takers?

2 comments:

Darby said...

I love that picture of Haylie and Mikaela! So cute!!

Julie w said...

I too like the picture of the two munchkins. I actually got to jump off a 40 foot cliff in Flaming Gorge back in the day. I was so proud of myself for doing it. It was nervewrecking!!