Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanks In Giving

This has not been an easy year for me. It hasn't been the worst either. When I consider the year as a whole, I realize that although some things have not come to fruition for me, especially one thing in particular, I have much to be thankful for.

I have a beautiful home in a safe and quiet neighborhood full of really good neighbors. I have two beautiful children who are healthy and happy and thriving. I have a sweet husband who, after nearly 16 years of marriage, still loves all of my craziness. I have three of the most amazing sisters on the planet and two kind and loving parents who still continue to teach me what it means to be a good parent myself. I have security, good health, a good job, great friends and Eric and I are able to provide for the needs of our children-such wonderful blessings from the Lord!

I have wonderful parents-in-law who treat me with love and respect. I am very grateful to have them in my life.

Overall, I am one blessed girl! I have had to deal with many personal challenges this year and come to grips with the reality that having more children is probably no longer an option for me. It has been heartbreakingly painful to watch that dream begin to fade. I have not always been the nicest person to be around as I've struggled to understand and work through the torrent of emotions that have seemed never-ending at times. This is a trial that has tested the very foundation of my faith at times. I am so thankful to be able to say that it has undoubtedly strengthened not only my testimony, but also my relationship with my Heavenly Father. There is nothing I love more than being a mother and I cannot express how much fulfillment and contentment I have experienced as I raise my two daughters. I cherish every moment I have with them and I do not take any of it for granted because I know how hard I fought to get them here.

My blessings are numerous and in a time where so many have so little, my cup truly runneth over. How grateful I am for the trials and tribulations I have been given by a loving Heavenly Father who has shown me kindness and compassion and provided me with multiple opportunities to build and strengthen my testimony, my character and my faith.

2 comments:

jenny said...

I hear ya. When I had my hysterectomy last year it was a blessing to be pain free and yet it tugged at my heart to have someone tell me I can have no more. And as I watched my baby sister lose baby this year my heart ached again that I had a healthy one and she had none. My faith has held me together but it is still hard to see gods plan for us.

The Fantastic Five said...

Your comments have brought tears to my eyes. We may never know why in this life, but at least we will someday have all the answers.