Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beautiful Butterflies!

Well, I'm not exactly sure what kind of butterfly Mikaela is trying to channel-frankly, I'm not sure I want to know. She's looking a little crazy.
We went downtown to the Farmer's Market with my parents one fine Saturday morning in August where my girls swiftly convinced my mom and dad to buy them magnets (or "maganets" as Mikaela calls them) and facepaintings. Now, my dad has always been a bit of a softie when it comes to his girls, but ever since the grandkids came along there's NOTHING he would refuse them. Any and all resolve completely melts the moment the grandkids run through the door. He's the kind of grandpa everyone wishes they had. I am beyond blessed to have such a completely kind and generous man who will drop anything he's doing if I ever call on him to help me with my girls. There are no words to describe how much I appreciate and rely on my wonderful father. There are not many men who are so completely devoted to their grandchildren and actually WANT to be around them for any extended length of time-I count my lucky stars that I not only know such a man, but was also raised by him too!
My girls love going to their house and watch my mother when she's cooking. They love helping her and want to do everything she does-teach them well mom, so I can hand over the keys to the kitchen! They especially love having her show them how to stitch and crochet. She's the perfect teacher for it too! I don't have half the skill she does when it comes to teaching those kinds of things.
I'm so grateful for such loving and generous parents. You are truly a blessing to me and my family and we sure do love you!

0 comments: