Sunday, May 29, 2011

St. George 2010


Every February for the past six or seven years the girls and I have tagged along with Eric down to St. George for his annual building code conference. It's nice to get away from the snow for a few days and pretend it's spring. Sometimes the weather cooperates, sometimes it doesn't, but we don't care because there's NO SNOW! That's the best part ever!

The one thing that seems to work out, however is the outdoor swimming. My girls love to swim and they wouldn't care if it was 10 below with arctic winds blowing in. As long as the pool is heated, they're going in. This year was no exception and luckily for us, the weather wasn't too bad. I think the highest temp was around 66 degrees, but it felt like heaven to us.

We usually do a little shopping at the outlet mall, or go to a movie, but this year was all about the swimming. Every moment they could squeeze in was spent at the pool. It gave me time to work on my non-existent tan (I repel the sun), and catch up on my reading list.

Now, if only I could figure out a way to get one of these in my yard...

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Doug has been wondering how to get palm trees in his yard too. He even considered buying a big huge fake one once.