Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma Grace!

So, I'm jumping the gun just a little bit, but I was thinking about my sweet little Grandma Grace and thought it was a good time to wish her a happy birthday. I love all my grandparents (Eric's included), but I must say Grandma Grace has always had a special place in my heart. Perhaps it's because she's always so positive and cheery about everything that happens. I really enjoy visiting with her on Sunday afternoons and love the random comments she makes about people. Some of my favorite comments she's made are:
"Turning tricks"-trying to describe Halloween while playing Catchphrase.
"Oh my word, I thought I might have to murder your Dad a couple of times"
"Can you get me the whatsie from the kitchen, Tootsie?"
"They don't come any dumber than her"
I can see where my Dad gets his sense of humor and endless supply of patience. I know this past year has been very hard on her after losing my Grandpa Lee, but she still finds a way to keep a smile on her face and remain positive.
Thanks for always making me smile, Grandma! I love you very much. Happy Birthday!

1 comments:

HeatherB said...

Grandma Grace always makes us smile too. What a fabulous woman! We hope our own little Grace gets her spunk too.