Sunday, September 13, 2009

We Have A Kindergartener???



I guess Mikaela thought she was heading to school too.

Okay, Eric and I have both had five years to prepare for this day, but I can tell you, it definitely snuck up on us. I really cannot fathom that fact that I have a child in school. It's just so unbelievable sometimes.

Haylie was so excited. She has been ready to go to school for quite some time now and she's a smart little cookie so I really don't worry about her fitting in. I worry about her not shutting up. The girl can talk. Seriously! I told her teacher to keep an eye on her, otherwise, Haylie might just end up taking over the class.


Haylie didn't want us to bring her to school the first day. She wanted to ride the bus with the rest of the kids. We were a little disappointed, but then decided she'd have to figure it out sometime so why not get it over with on the first day.

She's ready to learn!
While I admit I did get a little teary eyed as I walked out of the school building, I didn't exactly have a melt down (thank goodness). I guess I was more prepared than I had originally anticipated. Eric held it together too. I think he was just as excited as Haylie was. While I'm happy that she's enjoying something new, I'm not so sure I'm ready to start doing homework again. Now THAT is going to be an adventure.

1 comments:

Ewee said...

They are so cute! I'm glad she liked school and wanted to ride the bus by herself. Miss Independent!